By 1906 the school roll was 439 and additional classrooms needed to be built. The existing site on the slopes of Mt Hobson was limited in area, so a new site was found in Dromorne Road. The Dromorne Road site was officially opened in October 1909.
A new look - demolition of the 1909 main block of classrooms began in early 1981. This was the first step in the rebuilding of the entire school. The new Remuera Primary School was opened in 1982.
A new two storied, eight classroom block was added in 1996. Sir Edmund Hillary opened the new additions.
Further additions were made in the late 1990s when the Administration Block and Hall were built.
In 2012, the two storey block housing our Year 5 & 6 students was built.
In 2014, the school's Library & ICT Suite were relocated to allow for the refurbishment of those rooms to house our Year 2 students.
In 2017/18 the School's latest buildings were opened. A purpose built two storey block for our Year 1 students, together with a Library, Theatre and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) Facility.
In 2018, the school installed its first Beehive, happily referred to, by students as the Honey House.
This is the old Remuera School building. We still walk through the same gates. On the pillars are the names of ex RPS students who served in World Wars 1 & 2. The names with a cross beside them signify they made the ultimate sacrifice and didn't return from War. The old school was demolished by the Ministry of Education in 1981 because it wasn't earthquake proof.
This picture shows the interior of the original school building.